About Me

My photo
Fairfield, CA, United States
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Chastity Driver, and I am an on location, natural light photographer, located in Fairfield, CA. I enjoy photographing families, children, expecting mothers, and portraits. I sincerely love Photography because it is such a beautiful and interesting form of art. It is such a creative way to capture memories, and it is something that I truly enjoy. I would be delighted to capture memories for you and/or your family. For detailed information on pricing and session details, please visit my website at www.photographybychastity.com. I can be reached by email at contact@photographybychastity.com or by telephone, at 323-334-5196 for more information. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Sunday, May 29, 2011

BEFORE & AFTER

So I decided to post on my blog about the process of digital photography, and why post processing/editing is a very important part of my workflow and my creative process. As much as I would LOVE to hand over and show you your images immediately after your photo shoot, or post all of your photos to facebook so that you can share them with friends the very same night after I took your photos, I simply cannot, and  here is why:

Digital photography is just that, digital photography. Digital photography gives photographers the ability and flexibility to enhance, improve, and create stunning images during the editing process. Yes, many of the photos do come out great SOOC (straight out of camera), but to achieve the artistic look that I enjoy (sharper images, higher contrast, enhanced colors, B&W images, etc), even just a little bit of editing is necessary with just about every photo. The photos below are examples of before and after images. I edited them in photoshop. I do spend a great amount of time editing each and every single photo that I choose to edit (only the best ones make the cut), and it is definitely a process, but I LOVE the end result!!



No comments:

Post a Comment